Grant application


Applications are reviewed twice a year. Deadlines for application submission are May 1st and November 1st. Dates of notification are no later than June 1st and December 1st, respectively. Applications that include activities scheduled prior to the date of notification will not be considered. Please download the application form.

Conditions for grant approval

  • Students and researchers worldwide are encouraged to apply for a grant.

  • The research to be conducted should be botanical, botanical ecological or ethnobotanical in nature, or with a conservation viewpoint focussing on plant species or vegetations.

  • The research should be relevant to the target areas: Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Saba, St. Eustatius, and/or St. Maarten.

  • The research should be executed under the supervision of a scientific institute in one of the target areas or at a university or research institute elsewhere.

  • Grants are to be used to cover expenses made by the applicant during fieldwork, internships, visits to herbaria or conferences, publications, laboratory analyses, travel, or other research. Salaries and/or overhead costs are, in principle, not covered.

  • Grants have a supplementary character and generally do not exceed € 1,250.00. Occasionally, larger projects will receive financial support.

  • When a grant has been awarded, the applicant will receive 80% of the total amount directly. The remaining 20% will be paid at the conclusion of the funded activity (field work, herbarium or congres visit, publication) after the applicant has submitted a short progress report as well as a financial report including (scanned) receipts. Sending in the final research paper and/or project report is appreciated. After 2 years the right to claim the grant ends.

  • The name of the applicant and the title of the research project will be published on the website of the Van Eeden Foundation on the page listing funded projects. Applicants are invited to submit (abstracts of) their publications or full research reports as well as illustrating pictures for viewing on the website.

  • In publications resulting from the research (co-)financed by the Van Eeden Foundation, the Foundation must be cited.

  • By applying for a grant, the applicant agrees with the above-mentioned conditions. Decisions made by the Foundation’s Board regarding applications are final.

> Downloadable application form

Gerealiseerd door Wesley Roozing © 2010